Tuesday, October 12, 2010

For those of you who don't know.
I'm a runner.
Haha.
But really,
I started running this summer just to keep in shape.
Now I've been running almost every day for about 4 months.
If you know me, I used to despise running.
The thought of it made me sick.
When I was 15 I found out I had a bulging disc in my back.
Running on pavement was on the list of what not to do.
So for 5 years I hadn't run on pavement.
I ran on grass for soccer and lacrosse but that was it.
This summer I started to do it and my back would be a little sore.
But I think the Dr. had it wrong.
Running has been the solution to my back pain.
Since I've been running my back has never been better.

Why am I writing this post?
Well I went on my morning run today, and thought about running.
I thought about Alex's cousin Holly, who lost her husband when he was running.
I thought about how stupid I used to think running was.
I thought about people who can't run.

So I thought I should pay tribute to running.

Because it has helped me.
It's helped me get into the best shape I've ever been in.
It helps me relieve stress or anger.
Sometimes it helps me get through a hard day.

I ran my first 5k, labor day weekend.

On the 30th of October, Alex and I will run our first half marathon.
Dressed like this (kind of).

For the Provo Halloween Half Marathon.

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

The Castletons said...

That is so awesome! Good for you! Do you think you could send a little of that runner's motivation my way? I wish I was a runner, but I'm not. At least not yet...

gillian said...

I am so jealous that you can run a marathon... I can hardly get my fat butt up the stairs! Haha, really though, the halloween one sounds sooo fun.. We should come cheer you guys on!!

KKortney44 said...

I want to do the Halloween HalfMarathon someday!! I bet it was awesome!! If I had more free time in my life, I think I could feel the same about running as you do...one day I'll make time. I hope the half marathon was a good experience for you!!